Saturday, February 28, 2015

February ALYOF Goal Complete, but....

I'm not loving it.

My ALYOF goal for the month was to create a fabric pouch for my husband's family's baptism gown. And I finished it, so I'm glad.

But I'm partly frustrated because the orange chalk I used to mark the crosshatch quilting lines didn't come out when I washed it (any suggestions?). And my two attempts to stitch a Velcro closure were both crooked, so I opted to forgo a closure completely. And there was a tiny pucker where I joined my binding strips, and when I redid it, I ended up with two tiny puckers instead.'s done! And I love the fabrics together, and love having The Lord's Prayer fabric surrounding a baptism gown. A baptism gown that has been worn by 17 people over three generations deserves a better package, imperfect or not!

I'll be handing the gown in its new pouch off to my mother-in-law in a few weeks for safe keeping until it's needed again.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely! And I can't see any errors. What a wonderful fabric choice for that little bag. I have a small piece of that fabric and you've given me an idea for it!