Sunday, September 30, 2018

Diamond Drama in Prints

This quilt has been a long time in the making. It began with the solid version--the original Diamond Drama--made from Painter's Palette Solids. I designed it before QuiltCon 2017. I knew I wanted to remake the quilt in various prints, and chose the fabrics later that spring. 

I left them with my mom--an accomplished quilter who is ever generous with her time, and she delivered the quilt top to me about a year ago. And then it sat for several months, until I quilted most of it and then stalled. Which brings me to my September One Monthly Goal--to finish it! 

After I finished quilting the blue blocks, I went back to all the blocks to add in squiggly lines between the straight line quilting. I'm glad I did--the blocks needed it! 

I found a cool black and white "stripe" for the binding at Wandering Stitches, my (new to me) local quilt shop, and now this quilt is complete! 

I love the bright colors of the diamonds. 

Here is the finished quilt:

Friday, September 7, 2018

OMG: Quilt the blue blocks!

You know those projects that you just.can' 
This one--Diamond Drama--has been following me around (literally...I brought in on our move to FL!) since winter. 
It's bigger than what I usually prefer to quilt on my domestic machine, so it involves a fair amount of wrangling. And line marking. So I've been procrastinating.

One of these blocks is not like the other...
That's right! The blue diamonds aren't quilted yet. Everything else is done. 
My One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts for September is to finish this quilt--machine quilt the blue blocks and then bind it. 

If this quilt looks familiar, it's because it's a print fabric version of my original solids quilt, Diamond Drama, shown here: