Sunday, September 30, 2018

Diamond Drama in Prints

This quilt has been a long time in the making. It began with the solid version--the original Diamond Drama--made from Painter's Palette Solids. I designed it before QuiltCon 2017. I knew I wanted to remake the quilt in various prints, and chose the fabrics later that spring. 

I left them with my mom--an accomplished quilter who is ever generous with her time, and she delivered the quilt top to me about a year ago. And then it sat for several months, until I quilted most of it and then stalled. Which brings me to my September One Monthly Goal--to finish it! 

After I finished quilting the blue blocks, I went back to all the blocks to add in squiggly lines between the straight line quilting. I'm glad I did--the blocks needed it! 

I found a cool black and white "stripe" for the binding at Wandering Stitches, my (new to me) local quilt shop, and now this quilt is complete! 

I love the bright colors of the diamonds. 

Here is the finished quilt:


  1. This is awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

  2. Love how it turned out and love the binding! Proud that I was a part of it with you! Can't wait to see what your next design will look like!